BUMA truly believe that if a company wants to do well in terms of HSE, such practices have to be implemented from top to bottom. An HSE culture reflects the attitudes, beliefs and values shared by employees on safety issues. The most critical factors in determining an HSE culture are the support from leaders, active participation of employees, and the establishment of a safe working environment.
Therefore, BUMA sets its Health, Safety and Environmental Philosophy as follows :
- Visible leadership – Leadership and the support from top management are the primary keys to promote and establish
- Managers from All Levels Directly Involve in HSE Practices
Full Employee Engagement – The primary key to maintaining a
culture that stresses on health safety and environmental
protection is “people.”
- HSE awareness: We will strive to proactively pursue HSE
excellence rather than reacting to the prevailing laws,
regulations, industrial standards, and the applicable procedures.
- Internal monitoring: Site Self Verification and Internal Audit is
an important way to evaluate and supervise HSE management.
- Continual improvement: HSE management is not a short-term
project. It requires persistence and continual improvement.
- Reflection of quality: HSE management and its performance are a
reflection of our comprehensive overall quality
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 systems
- Audits and certifications
- Risk assessments
- Gap analyses
OUR HSE STRATEGY OBJECTIVE AND TARGET
The main HSE Objectives are to ensure activities, facilities and
services are effectively and efficiently planned, organized, lead,
executed and controlled in order to achieve the objectives and
targets as below:
- Zero Fatalities
- Zero Injury
- Zero Property Damage
- Zero Environmental Damage
- Establish performance indicators.
To achieve the objectives and targets, our
- Implement HSE plan and procedure related to
health, safety and environment.
- Insure that hazards and risks are identified,
assessed, and controlled and records of them
- Ensure adequate training is achieved.
- Plan and Implementation of HSE Inspections,
Self Verification and Audits.
- Actively promote HSE awareness