As a Papuan company, in order to improve human resources that can support the continuity of the company’s business, PT. Tanjung Kumawa Shipping is committed to implementing the Papuan Development Program (PDP) AS PART OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) especially for the best sons and daughters of Papua in general and around Bintuni Bay in particular.
In addition to recruiting new crew candidates, the company is also INCREASING CERTIFICATION FOR existing crews who come from Papua and the area around the work location.
As part of the company’s CSR, the Papuan Development Program, has been implemented since 2013, and every year there is always a local community empowerment program where the company operates, and this is a characteristic of the company in operating and mingling with local communities.
The Program involves selecting local Papuan candidates to attend education at the Maritime Academy, as follows:
- Visited several high schools in the area around ship operations, To socialize the aims and objectives of the Education Program regarding the aims and objectives of the Educational Scholarship Program to schools and students.
- Coordinate directly with local leaders in the area of domicile of interested and selected prospective cadets, as well as conducting outreach to parents of prospective cadets.
- Collaborate with local marine academy and local Pemdas to promote shipping education for local Papuan communities
- Provide assistance in administrative preparation and mentoring during the cadet studies.
- These prospective seafaring officers were educated at local Shipping Polytechnic.
- After graduating from education, they will be offered employment in our company for a certain period of time.
- While working as novice sailors, the company will educate and develop their skills in a programmed manner, so that it is hoped that in the future they will be able to become Captains and Heads of the Engine Room on PT PELAYARAN TANJUNG KUMAWA’s fleet.
- Hopefully with a program like this, we can help the local Papuan community to be more able to participate and compete in the national and international maritime world.